Monday, June 6, 2016

¡Mi Viaje a Cuenca, Ecuador!

It all began around 3:00 a.m Sunday morning.  I woke up feeling very excited, but nervous as I was about to depart for Cuenca, Ecuador.  This is my first study abroad trip to another country, and my first time traveling via airplane.  At first, my nerves were getting the best of me. I will not see my family for a month and I will have to adjust to the new customs and way of life in Ecuador.  However, my family reassured me that it will be just fine. My mother stated, "as long as you have God by your side, nothing will happen and no evil shall prosper."  With this reinforcement, I knew I was going to be in a safe place, but I also knew that this experience was going to open many doors for me in the future.  With this mindset, I was ready to leave the nest and explore the vast world.  From 7:00 am to 5:00, I traveled from Charlotte to Miami, Miami to Quito, and finally, Quito to Cuenca.  When I finally arrived in Cuenca, there was a huge sigh of relief because I had made it to my destination! My  Spanish adventure has officially started!  With this being stated, I cannot wait to see what God has in store for me in this beautiful place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment