Sunday, July 3, 2016

¡Gracias a Dios!

Lord, I cannot thank you enough for what you do for me and others.  Last night, I was about to depart for the United States, when my flight was suddenly cancelled. We were suppose to embark on our journey around 7:15, but our flight was cancelled at 7:10.  This cancellation was due to rain.  Because of the terrible runway at Cuenca, Ecuador, any rain (heavy or light) can result in cancellation of flights.  Can you talk about shell shock!  My friends and I stayed in the airport for three hours trying to reschedule our flights.  We did not wish to reschedule our flight for Cuenca because of the possibility of bad weather for the next day.   While we were trying to find other flights, the lights started to turn off and the security told us "to get out/ vayanse." However, Juan, the director of Sampere School, came to the rescue and managed to obtain a van that was headed to Quito.  Instead of flying out of Cuenca, we had the better option of departing from Quito.  Yes, this was a better option, but it was an 8 hour drive to Quito.  We left at 11:00 pm and did not arrive to Quito until 6:00 am.  The ride to Quito was treacherous.  Our driver would eventually dose off and we would have to either say something to him or snap at him so he could stay awake.  Eventually, we stopped at a gas station and everyone replenished on food and coffee.  Eventually, we made it to the Quito Airport.  Now, I will be leaving Quito at 2:00 pm; I will arrive in Miami at 7:30 pm.  Finally, I will leave Miami at 9:30 pm and I will land in Charlotte, North Carolina around 11:30 pm.  Man, this cancellation and heck of a trip taught me an important lesson.  Sometimes, things do not work in our favor, but God has everything in control.  In life, we think we know everything, but we do not come close in comparison to God.  The lesson, let God work his magic and for the person, just sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride!  

Before I conclude this post, I would like to thank the Humanities and Social Sciences Department for giving me this scholarship.  Thank you so much for making this dream come true.













No comments:

Post a Comment